Hello Duke city comic con attendees and welcome to our show, the Masquerade cosplay contest!
More than a cosplay contest, this gives contestants a chance to participate in showing off your beautiful costumes on stage. Whether you want to give a little song and dance or just strut your stuff and let everyone see the beautiful costumes that you have all created. Our host Bbyeyez will be your liaison for the night as she entertains and makes the crowd laugh and just maybe might bring one or two people up on stage to participate during halftime.
The masquerade takes care of both the children’s division and adults.
CHILDREN’S COSPLAY CONTEST INFORMATION
Children’s cosplay contest starts promptly at 6pm. We happily invite kids from toddlers to age 12 to join. Younger children MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Please start to line up 15 mins before show time at the contest location. The location TBA . Prizes awarded are 1st 2nd and 3rd place. Every child that has participated will get a certificate and coupon good for one free dinner at the Village Inn (with purchase of any dinner at participating restaurants)
Cosplay Contest Rules
COSPLAY CONTEST RULES
*Cosplay contest will start promptly at 6:15 PM. This way anyone who has a weapon/prop will be allowed to join the contest and get ready in line to go on stage.
* You must have made your own costume or as much of the costume as possible, at least 25% or more made by you. This means no store-bought costumes. We are judging your costume on your creativity and talents of how you decided to put your costume together.
* Costumes must not have any liquid or substances that could cause a mess on the stage. If you have props they must follow this same rule no fire or explosive materials are allowed.
* Please make sure your costume isn’t too revealing, this is a family event where we welcome kids and family’s. If you want to make sure your costume can be allowed on stage please feel free to contact head Masquerade supervisor Kitty Kaboom email at email@example.com
* Weapons and props are allowed during the masquerade if not the convention. At 6 pm for the contest you will be allowed to bring your prop that completes your costume so you can compete in the masquerade / contest
* We ask all cosplayers to line up at 6 PM before the masquerade promptly starts at 6:15 PM that way you guys are able to have your weapons checked and come join everyone at the Masquerade location.
* We do have microphones so if you would like to do a small skit song or speech you can. Time on stage allowed for one or two people is under 1 min. Any dialogue you wish to say has to be approved before hand by our judges to make sure language is clean and family friendly and it is not in any way negative or derogatory . To have your skit approved for any speech or singing, please E mail firstname.lastname@example.org
* Make sure you are able to move comfortably and freely on stage in your costume, bigger more elaborate costumes that acquire help getting off and on the stage are welcome but we ask you bring a helper to come with you to get you off and on stage.
* To make sure we don’t rush judging and can look in detail at your costumes and talk with you one on one,we advise you to stop by in your costume you wish to compete in at our judges booths during convention hours to have your costume looked at for craftsmanship.
Duke City Cosplay Rules
Cosplay is an important part of our event. We look forward to seeing all the costumes and getting the largest turn out possible for the Costume Contest.
Rules: No costumes with excessive appendages that are unmanageable by the wearer without an assistant to guide the appendages and keep everyone safe.
No costumes that are less material than a bathing suit you’d wear to a family reunion. Your full butt must be covered, and you can have cleavage, or under boob, but not both. No pink parts, and pasties are not appropriate for this family event. Sorry for the vulgarity, but the specifics have to be lined out so we don’t have to ruin someones experience by asking someone to cover up.
Not consent: Cosplayers are dressed as their favorite fictional character, they aren’t in fact those characters so it is important to remember that when engaging with the cosplayer. Do not touch unless they approve, and please respect the requests of each cosplayer. If you have been found to disobey this request you will be removed and banned from all of our events for life. Not a fun crowd to be in. If you have been the victim of unwanted advances or intentional unwanted physical contact alert con staff immediately. Take a picture of the goon if you can.
We are trying to find room for a cosplay recovery room, but the space is limited so please be aware this may not be a service at this years Duke City Comic Con.
Prop Policy-No Prop that appears to be real or could be viewed as real will be permitted. Guns that appear real, even with orange tips, will not be permitted. Nerf guns will be permitted after examination at the door. Please do not paint Nerf guns in a realistic style or they will not be permitted. No metal weapons, (i.e. Swords daggers, etc.) will be permitted. Wood, flexible foam and cardboard weapons will be permitted entry as long as they do not appear realistic. All props are subject to review at the door. Safety is our primary concern and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Safety is our primary concern.